The Vixen wet blasting process is the preferred choice for many manufactures when it comes to composite bonding and coating preparation.
Composite materials have become the new normal for many manufacturers. It has taken the place occupied by many traditional materials due to its weight saving benefits and resistance to fatigue in some applications.
Step up wet blasting!
Due to the high cleanliness and extremely controllable process that is wet blasting, it has been adopted as the preferred method for composite prep by many.
Wet Blasting Benefits for Composite Preparation
- No dust or positive charge is created meaning no particles are drawn towards components after processing.
- Wet blasting leaves the surface clean and reactive giving greater strength and consistency for your follow-on steps, such as the application of coatings or adhesives.
- The wet blasting process does not damage the fibers of the composite due to the cushioning effect of the water unlike other processes.
- Removal of hydrophobic contaminants leaving a hydrophilic surface ‘wet-out’ which gives even coverage of adhesives and coatings.
- A water break test typically follows composite preparation to identify removal of contaminants and a components cleanliness. Once processing is finished the component is held at a determined angle and is rinsed or sprayed with water and would display the below results.
Our wet blasting process is being used in many industries due to being a highly controllable process giving consistent and repeatable results.
Due to this it has given confidence in critical manufacturing processes and safety critical components such as aerospace components, structures and critical Motorsport high stress components to name a few.
We have a range of manual equipment or automated solutions to fit straight into your production requirements.