Posted on Friday, 24th February, 2017
Vixen's Aquablast® range of wet blasting machines ensures a superior finish at the end of the blasting process.
These machines give you the perfect alternative to dry blasting, in what is a dust-free process with a softer surface finish, which in cosmetic applications, keeps components cleaner for longer. The Aquablast® range has 3 standard model sizes and custom build options.
The key to wetblasting is that the finish is produced through the flow of water borne abrasive. A finer finish is achieved due to the lubrication and flushing action of the water during the blasting process.
Dry grit and bead blasting processes are shown here in diagrams 1 and 2, which demonstrate the severe 90 degree ricochet that occurs when using these methods.
Diagram 3 shows the wetblasting method and how the cushioning from the water along with the altered angle for the media, produces a lapping effect which travels across the surface of the component being blasted. A satin/polished finish is the result, desired and preferred by many industries.
The wetblasting process is particularly effective for:
- Cleaning of dies and moulds
- Removal of paint, rust, scale, carbon and similar deposits
- Surface preparation prior to bonding, re –painting and recoating
- Satin finishing of stainless steel and other metals
- Cleaning of PCBs and electrical components
- Blasting in environments which must remain dust-free
Advantages of wetblasting:
- Dust-free process
- Cleans by flow and not impact
- Simultaneously degreases and blasts
- Produces a softer/smoother finish
- The smoother finish makes the components more resilient to handling without leaving finger marks
- Water acts as a lubricant between media and the component
- Promotes longer media life
- Avoids media impregnation on softer materials
If you need any further information on the Aquablast® range or the wet blasting process contact us today on 01642 769333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org